About me





Hi! I'm Analie Astorga-Motilla, you can call me Anne for short. Everybody else does, well aside from my mother. I am a true blue Filipino, born and raised in the Philippines. As I've said in one of my posts, most Filipinos are a mixture of Chinese and some other race, in my case I am a mix of Chinese and Spanish.

I have just married my beau of nine years, his name is Gel. He is a wedding photographer, doing what he has always loved, taking pictures of people and events and telling a story using his photos. We don't have a baby yet..but we are working on that.

Don't ask about my daytime job...it's boring. I have an 8-6 job that takes care of the bills. What I do after office is what excites me...photography. I am just starting...mainly because of my husband's encouragement. But I really like it and enjoying it so much!

How and why do you blog?

I started blogging in September 2004, mainly to document my wedding preparations (I got married in September 2005). My original blog's purpose was an online journal, a place where I can organize my thoughts and ideas about the wedding.

Over the months, I fell in love with writing. I love the process of story-telling, sharing bits of my life in an entertaining way, and creating an experience with words and pictures.

I love the fact that this site is mine and I can control everything about it - from what it looks like, to what I say.

Now I maintain two blogs: Manila Daily Photo and Daily Musings of a Filipina. Manila Daily Photo focuses on photography, while Daily Musings of a Filipina was my original wedding blog which I have continued until now.

Extra stuff about me

I love beautiful things. Art, photography, rocks, flowers, landscapes, pottery, jewellery, textures, colours, buildings, people.

I love eating! I love entertaining and throwing parties too. I get such a rush from trying out new restaurants and food and eating my heart out!

I prefer fresh, healthy, low-fat, low-sugar foods, that is what I should say LOL. But really I can't live without pizza, hamburgers, french fries, chocolate and KFC.

I'm a bit obsessed about shopping. Clothes, shoes, jewellery, underwear, anything girly. I'm not into brands or teeny fashion trends. I'm a careful shopper, I'm always on the look out for a bargain. And I like to think that I'm careful with my money.

I love going out. Sitting in cafes, dining out, house gatherings, parties, barbecues, weddings, picnics! I also love an occasional trip to watch movies, theatre, musicals, symphonies, stand up comedy, rock concerts and live bands.

At the same time, I can't think of anything more satisfying than sitting in front of TV, eating pizza, lights down low, in my pyjamas and watching crap on TV. I'm a home girl at heart.

Basically, I strive to live a balanced life. Fun. Serious. Fast. Slow. Brainy. Bimbotic. Intense. Lazy. You get the drift.

More random stuff

I was born at Makati, Manila in 1978. I am the eldest of two girls.

My sister is three years younger and is the exact opposite of me!
I'm the eternal optimist. The peacemaker.

I'm a Catholic. I believe that everything has a meaning and purpose, and that everything I do should be for his eternal glory.

I am a Scorpion, and has always believed that I am the embodiment of a true Scorpion!

I had a very happy childhood. My parents were the best, though I had that occasional disagreements with them specially on the topics of boys, dating and parties, over-all I think we clicked!

I can't drink very much alcohol. I go bright red after 3 sips of wine on an empty stomach. Given the choice, I'd reach for a beer over wine and cocktails.

I have a bad case of road rage! But don't say I told you!

I have moved! Please visit http://www.maniladailyphoto.com to view more Manila photos.

All Rights Reserved.









Please visit my other blogs:

Free Beauty Tips and Hottest Trends
Natural Health, Beauty and Fitness
Free tips on Losing Weight
Latest Celebrity News and Buzz
Reality TV and more


Click on the photos below for more photos of Manila or visit: my photo slideshow


www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing photos in a set called Manila Daily Photo. Make your own badge here.




<< Home

^back to top