manila...manila...I keep coming back to manila!





HELLOOO WORLD!! Welcome to my very first post. This blog is inspired by this site: Paris Daily Photo. In an attempt to show the world the true beauty and culture of the Philippines, I would try to post one picture of Manila a day.

As a start, I'd like to show a picture of San Agustin Church in Intramuros, famed as the oldest church in the Philippines,completed in 1606. San Agustin is the only church in Manila which has resisted all earthquakes and the bombings of World War II. It has lived up to the motto "Firmiter Aedificata" (strongly built), given to it in early times.

The photo above is actually not mine, this photo is courtesy of Kix Tavora who was one of my wedding photographers, this shot taken Sept. 17, 2005. Related photos:
St. Paul's Cathedral, Vigan
Shrine of Jesus
Manila Cathedral

Technorati tags: , , ,

I have moved! Please visit http://www.maniladailyphoto.com to view more Manila photos.

All Rights Reserved.







9 Comments:

At 1/12/2006 01:24:00 PM, Blogger Michael Salone said...

This is excellent! I look forward to seeing the photos!

 
At 1/12/2006 05:03:00 PM, Blogger stéphanie et arnaud said...

Hi anne !
I'm very glad to see a new daily photo blog !
let's go to discover manila
i've just added you on my links

 
At 1/12/2006 05:38:00 PM, Blogger Ham said...

Wonderful to see the system spreading, I'm looking forward to seeing Manilla.

 
At 1/12/2006 06:16:00 PM, Blogger Andreea said...

Already excited about the upcoming posts. Great to the see the city blogging spreading :)

 
At 1/12/2006 06:17:00 PM, Blogger Anne said...

Hi Michael, Arnaud and Ham! Thanks for the welcome! :) Hope i can keep up with the one picture a day!

 
At 1/12/2006 07:10:00 PM, Blogger Rob said...

Thanks for bringing Manila to the city photoblogs. Really looking forward to more pictures and perspective!

 
At 1/12/2006 10:57:00 PM, Blogger Eric said...

Congrats Anne. I have very little time at the moment but I wanted to drop you a line and encourage you.

I am always happy to see now cityphotoblogs - and even more if - like you say - I inspired them!!

 
At 1/13/2006 08:30:00 AM, Blogger Anne said...

Hi Eric and Manuel! Thanks for the welcome and encouragement. I'm happy to be part of your community!

 
At 1/13/2006 11:55:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I found your link on Paris Daily Photo, where I start the day. I have a close friend who tells me every day how he loves the Philipines, and now I look forward to seeing it through your eyes!

 

Post a Comment



Please visit my other blogs:

Free Beauty Tips and Hottest Trends
Natural Health, Beauty and Fitness
Free tips on Losing Weight
Latest Celebrity News and Buzz
Reality TV and more


Click on the photos below for more photos of Manila or visit: my photo slideshow


www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing photos in a set called Manila Daily Photo. Make your own badge here.




<< Home

^back to top